Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Birthday Carrot Cake

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday. Every year I make a birthday cake or pie from scratch for him.  This year I made him a carrot cake and let me tell you it was delicious.  The only thing I can not do is decorate the cake.  The icing came out too thin because I whipped it to long.    



                                Carrot cake

                                                                  1 ½ cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 8 oz crushed pineapple drained
½ cup of pieces of pecans



* Have 3 (8 or 9 inches pan) Heat oven at 350 degrees
* Put the first three ingredients in first, than slowly pour the next four ingredients. Finally add the last two.



Icing
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup of butter
2 cups of powder sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Use an electric mixer to mix all the ingredients. Slowly pour and shift the powder sugar.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following, I am following back.

    That cake looks good. Might have to try that :) Yum

    ReplyDelete